This is the last taggy post in this week, I think. There won’t be anything from me on Thursday and on Sunday. The bonus will be published on Friday and the chapter on Saturday as per usual. I promised you I’d do Maddie today, and here she is, but the lovely Rosie surprised me with a nomination and I decided I’d do both the OC Tag and a mood board for my founder. I believe Rosie is not caught up on my story, so that makes me think that maybe she’d have more insight into the first generation if she decides to read from the beginning (or she may encounter spoilers, but they are rather slight and discrete).
I know that you guys probably feel overwhelmed because of my excessive posting, and I feel, too, but I am the person who wants to get everything that I have to do get done with as quickly as possible and hence it all happens so fast. Sorry!
Without further ado, let’s meet with Maddie right after her generation’s ending…
- What is your name? Madelyn Rosenthal. I have been called that for most of my life, so I don’t think my maiden name would matter anymore.
- Do you know why you were named that? I have no idea.
- Single or taken? Single, but I’d rather not talk about it.
- Stop being a Mary Sue! I’m not.
- What’s your eye color? Gray.
- How about hair color? Blonde.
- Have you any family members? Two sons.
- Oh, how about pets? I don’t have them.
- That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like? I don’t like when I don’t feel in control of my feelings and my life.
- Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do? I have always loved my work in the police. I would never consider retiring.
- Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? If it hadn’t been for me, Ethan could have lived…
- Ever… killed anyone before? Oh, no, no, you got it wrong. I would never kill anyone.
- What kind of animal are you? I’m a busy bee.
- Name your worst weaknesses. My worst weakness already has a name. It’s Frederick.
- Do you look up to anyone at all? The only person I now truly rely on is myself and I don’t look up to anyone.
- Are you straight, gay or bisexual? Straight.
- Do you go to school? No.
- Ever want to marry and have kids one day? I was married to the love of my love, and I have kids, too, so I don’t know what the point of this question is. Do I regret having been married and/or having a family? Of course I don’t.
- Do you have fangirls/fanboys? Absolutely not.
- What are you most afraid of? Of anything bad happening to my children. Now, when Freddie is not alive, my greatest purpose is to keep them safe.
- What do you usually wear? Clothes which are both elegant and comfortable at the same time. I like feminine clothing – skirts and dresses, and of course I love my high heels. They are my secret weapon to fighting self-consciousness.
- What’s one food that tempts you? I’m not a foodie, so I have no idea.
- Am I annoying you? You are not. I’m just so done with it all…
- Well, it’s not over! I don’t think you got the message.
- What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)? Uh…middle class, I guess?
- How many friends do you have? Not many. My best friend was my husband.
- What are your thoughts on pie? It’s all right.
- Favorite drink? Oh god – coffee!
- What’s your favorite place? The beach in Sunset Valley.
- Are you interested in anyone? Romantically or sexually – not. I am interested in keeping up the well-being of my children. Psychological well-being in particular.
- That was a stupid question. It was just as fine as all the previous ones.
- Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean? I’d prefer the lake since it reminds me of my childhood.
- What’s your type? I am not sure if I have a particular type I like. I’ve only loved one man in my life.
- Any fetishes? *looks suspiciously at the converser* What would you need this data for?
- Camping or indoors? I’m a staid woman and I think camping sounds more like an activity for youngsters.
I’d like to note that there is an excerpt of Marina’s song here. “I just wanted to be perfect to believe it’s all been worth the fight” comes from the song called Lies. I couldn’t really avoid the reference since the idea for Madelyn came partly out of my fascination with Marina’s character Electra Heart, and there are a lot of references to Marina’s songs in generation 1 and 2, probably even more than in the other ones.