Edit 3: Seriously, I feel like blushing now. Thank you fluffymao of The Mayfields.
These are the rules:
–Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
- questions from RosemaryMarie:
1. If you had to be named after a city, state, country, etc., which one would you want it to be?
Oh, this is an interesting question. I would go for Georgia because I like the sound of it. And I think it’s an actual name even.
2. Do you have anyone you go to for advice? Online or in person?
That would be my mom.
3. What is your perfect pizza?
Mushrooms, cheese and a garlic sauce.
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I thought it was good that it’s my day off, lol.
5. What is the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
The last movie I saw was Whiplash and I didn’t like it very much. It had a lot of swearing in it and the blood of the boy and watching how much effort he paid wasn’t very pleasant to watch.
6. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
I kind of wish I focused more when I started learning geography at school. It was never something I was good at and, discouraged from the start, I feel like I know so little now and it makes me feel a bit stupid.
7. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
I didn’t have a particular favorite, because I had a big collection of plush animals and I think I loved all of them, playing with my brother in our own world of them.
8. What is the last thing you bought?
That would be a retro-like checked shirt.
9. Have you ever heard of Euchre, Dutch Blitz or Farkle and do you know how to play?
No, never heard of them.
10. How old were you when you last went trick or treating?
I have never gone trick or treating- every time my “Halloween” is spent visiting graves. There are some that do it here, but it’s not as common as in the USA.
11. If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or to the future and why?
- questions from Semprevivasims3:
1. Is there any foreign place that you’ve visited where you said “I could live here”?
Really, I’m not sure. I love living where I live and can’t imagine ever leaving my country to live somewhere else.
2. Do you consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist?
A pessimist, although my father says I’m not one in the least. But honestly,I tend to be very upset about things and you could say this story, its title and the way I end every generation is an embodiment of my pessimistic mind. As a writer, I always tend to crash happy endings in one way or the other, hence the overall idea of this blog. I also love moaning, lol.
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from for your stories?
Marina and the Diamonds’ discography, Marina and the Diamonds’ discography, Marina and the Diamonds’ unreleased songs. Is that enough? Lol. But really, Marina’s songs tend to be very inspiring to me and since I know them by memory, it often happens that they help me think of something for this story. Also, I like referrencing to books I have read.
4. How do you feel when your sims die?
A little bit sad, but that’s all. I had to learn not to be too upset because of all the various problems I had with my computers that caused me to lose my sims. I also deleted my beloved family by my own choice and can’t say I don’t in any way regret it, but I don’t cry after these sims, just am upset a bit. That’s more to this world than pixel people. Plus- I usually kill my sims myself before the game lets them die, so…A little sadist.
5. Are you a cat or a dog person? Or do you prefer other kinds of animals?
I like both cats and dogs, but cat is on my bed when writing this and he’s my one of my closest friend while I never grew especially attached to our dog that died during the last holidays. I love cats so much and I would say I’m more of a cat person.
6. Love or hate the outdoors?
It depends. I hate the cold and am allergic to things that flow in the air when it’s warm, so you know. But I like going out when it’s warm enough, so I don’t love, but just like the outdoors.
7. What do you consider you greatest achievement until now?
I’m a finalist from a quite important English competition and I never expected to go this far (although would be more handy if I were laureate). I was very proud of myself when this was revealed. That’s the one achievement I can think of at the moment.
8. Do you prefer watching movies or series? Or nothing at all?
I’m not a movie or series person. But I would rather watch movies if I had to choose, because series is a lot of watching and I prefer to watch something in one go.
9. What is you favorite music genre?
Indie pop (such as Marina, Lana, Melanie etc.)
10. What is your favorite food?
I love pancakes.
11. What is your favorite color?
I really like the shade of blue that is something between blue and green- turquoise that is called, I think.
- questions from heatherfeather19:
1. What trope are you actively avoiding or embracing in your story?
When I was asked this question by twinsimskeletons, I went for rhetorical questions, because I really love adding them and creating a good atmosphere. But as a reader of this story and someone who knows the overall theme, you probably know how much I am interested in doing bad endings. I think we got enough of sugarly sweet ones and therefore my story is largely pessimistic. So I would say in this story I am embracing bad endings while avoiding positive ones (no generation ends positively, that’s how I decided in the very beginning).
2. How long have you been playing Sims?
About 8 years, I started playing when TS3 came out. You could say I’m very much an addict.
3. What inspired you to write? (in general or for Sims)?
When I was in primary school I started writing books in notebooks along with my friends. I had a lot of ideas that needed to come out. As I played my game, in my head there was always a story for each Sim I created. Then I discovered people were doing stories through memories on TS3 site and I joined in. Actually I’ve been writing for Sims long before this blog (I even tried to translate my story from Polish to English, but no one really read and it was so pointless, lol). This is my first story that is originally in English (although it started in memories in Polish) and I still translate each chapter to Polish for my friend, who isn’t that good at this language.
4. Who’s your favorite Sim to play?
Um, I don’t play, I stage, lol. I think my favorite Sim to play would be… Fidelio? I liked exploring the education career.
5. Who is your favorite to write?
Now that is easy. My favorite Sim to write is Grace, I consider her personality the most interesting and I literally spent weeks thinking her character over before she made it into the story.
6. What has been your favorite generation?
I only have 3, one of which is still very much in progress. My favorite generation has been Fidelio’s generation, generation 2. I still miss writing him, he was such a caring Sim and very pleasant to write. I also think it was better than generation 1 as far as plots and characters are considered.
7. How long does it take for you to create a new chapter?
It really depends. But if I sit to get it done, it probably would be about 3 hours or so. First I write the whole or sometimes the part and then I go in game and take the photos and finish the unifished parts I left off. Sometimes I can write a chapter an let it sit saved on my computer for a few days before I actually go in game to get photos done.
8. Do you makeover the townies or just leave them?
It depends on the save I’m playing on. This story is something I treat very seriously so I generally create my own Sims for story purposes, although generation 1 began less than perfectly and Maddie’s only acquaintances apart from Ethan were Justine Keaton and Erin Kennedy. I only put on skin on Erin for the story part. When I play my game for fun, then I often play the townies and I makeover the townies I get them with.
9. Winter, spring, summer, or fall?
Summer, because who doesn’t like sun and vacation?
10. What movie are you looking forward to seeing?
There is no such. I don’t watch movies nor am not interested in what new comes out. Sad but true.
11.How are you doing lately?
Pretty good. I’m eager for holidays, sounds like I will get much more play time. I stayed home today, though, because I’m ill.
- questions from fluffymao:
1. What Lovecraftian horror would you least like to encounter in a dark alley?
I have never read anything of Lovecraft, maybe becuase I don’t read this genre or maybe because he’s not that popular here. I didn’t want to be an ignorant, though, so off I went for a Google search and I picked Yibb-Tsll, sounds like something that would freak me out. Although I would probably be freaked out at any monster in the dark alley for that matter.
No, I have never played a tabletop RPG- a tabletop RPG sounds interesting, though,
3. Whether or not you have played a tabletop RPG, what class/race do you normally/would like to play?
Fantasy races? I love elves, they have so much strength, class and beauty in them that it makes me want to play with one.
4. Milkshake or smoothie? Details.
I would go for smoothie, because I don’t like milk that much, I prefer fruits just as they are with no milk addition. I can’t think of any more details at the moment- I barely drink those.
5. What do you like best about your blog (layout, story, anything)? What do you like least?
Oh, a story question, something I’m more acquainted with. I would say I’m pretty proud of my blog site as I put a lot of effort to make it as organized and detailed in its menus as I wanted it to be like. So I would go for the look of it. Hm, I would want to have a huge welcome post visible to everyone and to have the blog archive page as a page that welcomes you when you go to my site. I can’t think of a way how I would want to achieve that, but the least I like about my blog is that I had to put an archive page under a blog menu people would probably not really check out. I like to have my content and photos displayed as a welcome to a hypothetical new reader.
6. Who’s been your favorite character to write about or watch in-game?
Didn’t I answer it a few questions ago? Let me see. Oh, something similar indeed. So I will not conflict with my previous answer. My favorite character to write about is Grace. I spent a lot of time thinking of what I wanted her to be like. I knew immediately she had to be unusual and I ended up with someone you now know as a part of this story. I can’t go in the details without revealing spoilers, but I wrote the best to my ability what Grace is really about in the bonus post of generation 2, the action although takes place after the epilogue, in which we see what her shaky personality has driven her to. Generation 2 certainly isn’t the end for Grace, because she will be featured now as a mother of Gemma in generation 3, as problematic as always.
7. What’s something you really want to incorporate into your story, but just haven’t managed to (yet)?
I want to tell about some family relations connecting my characters, but if I don’t fail to write this chapter (I tried yesterday and I feel like it will be a looong one), maybe it will be in this one or somehow soon. Another thing- I’ve always wanted to tell more about Maddie’s uprising with Freddie next door- and release her maiden name, maybe?
8. If you could ask the Internet Conglomerate anything, and have It answer, what would you ask It? What kind of answer do you expect?
Internet Conglomerate? What would I want from It? I went to make sure I know what you mean by Internet Conglemorate and came to a conclusion that these are corporations that own online projects, so I would ask It how this works keeping it all together, especially if Internet is quite a new invention and so it must not be that simple. It would probably answer me something in a kind of that everything is extremely well-organized and that different corporations keep track of everything with various qualified people working there. Oh, I have never been much interested in economy.
9. Would you buy a goat if it meant you could pet it whenever you wanted?
No, I would not. I’m totally fine with my cat.
10. Special licenses aside, and suspending reality for a moment, what kind of animal would you have as a pet if you could? Sparkle dogs are not animals and will be shot on sight?
I would love to have a large cat like a puma, lion or tiger. Suspending reality and saying that it would not kill me. Imagine having a cat as large as this and having a chance to hug it and feel so warm and safe. And purring! I’m a hopeless cat lover.
11. When was the last time you had good pizza, like NY/Chicago good pizza?
I have never been to New York or Chicago so I have no idea what the pizza is like there, but the last time I had a pizza that was good was a couple of months ago, I guess. I don’t remember all the days when I was eating pizzas.
The Windsor Legacy– a very colorful story that never fails to cheer me up with its lovely characters (when no one’s dying, that is, lol). Em is currently writing her third generation with heir, Rey, who is hopefully finally opening up a little.
Forever Darkness– she has been away for quite a bit, but I still want her to know I really appreciate the well-built story of vampires and Rebecca’s adventures with them. I look forward to seeing you around again, Shannyn.
Have I Got A Story For You!– I always enjoy a little update about the Snyders and I appreciate that Addy is currently writing about a Sim, who dislikes children, although that’s completely not how she feels.
Once Upon a Legacy– a fairytale-themed story that I really enjoy reading. The current heir, Stella, is a sleeping beauty and an aspiring doctor. I like how she takes classic princess stories to another dimension.
Matthews’ Random Legacy – I have quite recently come upon this story and I really enjoy reading about a psychic Junpier, who gets into some bad stuff and then rearranges her life all over again with a small daughter Roisin.
GC Sims– always good to read another part of The Snordwich Chronicles. This story is staged in the medieval times, although The Sims 3 is used to picture it. I love how detailed it is.
Sempreviva’s Sims– and finally, the newest addition to my blogroll. She just started her story with a pretty girl Rose, who meets a bad boy, and I look forward to seeing what’s in store for her. I can’t wait to see whether Jared eventually changes and if Rose will fall head over heels for him.
My questions for you:
- Is there any song you are addicted to right now? If so, then what is it?
- Do you prefer to work in the silence or do you put on music when you write?
- Do you prefer writing about female or male characters? Why?
- What length is your hair?
- Do you like reading? If so, do you prefer short books or longer stories?
- How long have you been writing about your sims’ lives?
- Do you prefer staging your story or going with the flow and seeing what happens in game? I’m not asking which one you do, just which one feels better to do and satisfies you more.
- Do you consider yourself a perfectionist?
- A pool or the sea? Or you don’t like water?
- Which one do you like more- warm or cold weather?
- What is your dream job?
And that would be it. In other news, I have two scheduled posts for you on Saturday- one is chapter 3.5 and the second is a special for my blogiversary.
Take care and a happy rest of the week to you.